Coil - flipper blue
3 terminal, dual winding flipper coil with 1N4004 diodes used on Williams / Bally games.
FL-11629 high flipper strength, parallel coils, used on mostl Williams WPC system pinball games (original blue coil wrapper)
- Primary winding (power) ~4 ohms (no diode)
- Secondary winding (hold) ~132 ohms (no diode)
Williams / Bally pinball machines flippers are designed for a balance of power based on the layout of a given game. Always use the specified coil number for your machine.
Always install a flipper rebuild kit before changing coils (see related items below). The factory recommends a complete flipper rebuild every 500,000 cycles or flips.
But if you must adjust flipper strength, here is a list of coil numbers and their relative strength going from weakest to strongest:
- FL-11753 Yellow - Used with short flippers and close
- FL-11722 Green - Used for close shots near drop targets
- FL-11630 Red - The standard, most commonly used coil
- FL-15411 Orange - Used for long playfield shots
- FL-11629 Blue - Used for long shots and high ramps
- Wico 01-095500
- JJP 23-2002-00
All coils include new nylon sleeves (coil tubing) where applicable.