Coil - flipper red
3 terminal, dual winding flipper coil with 1N4004 diodes for Bally/Williams pinball machines.
FL-11630 "standard" flipper strength, parallel coils, used on nearly all Williams system 11 pinball games (original red coil wrapper)
- Primary winding (power) ~4.7 ohms (no diode)
- Secondary winding (hold) ~160 ohms (no diode)
The following games use multiple coil part numbers in different playfield locations:
- F-14 TOMCAT (FL-11630 lower flippers)(FL-11722 used on uppers)
- BIG GUNS (FL-11630 lower flippers)(FL-11753 used on uppers)
- SWORDS OF FURY (FL-11630 lower flippers)(FL-11753 used on uppers)
- EARTHSHAKER (FL-11630 lower flippers)(FL-11722 used on uppers)
- FUNHOUSE (FL-11630 lower flippers)(FL-11753 used on uppers)
Williams / Bally pinball machines flippers are designed for a balance of power based on the layout of a given game. Always use the specified coil number for your machine.
Always install a flipper rebuild kit before changing coils (see related items below).
The factory recommends a complete flipper rebuild every 500,000 cycles or flips. If you must adjust flipper strength, here is a list of coil numbers and their relative strength going from weakest to strongest:
- FL-11753 Yellow - Used with short flippers and close shots
- FL-11722 Green - Used for close shots near drop targets
- FL-11630 Red - The standard, most commonly used coil
- FL-15411 Orange - Used for long playfield shots
- FL-11629 Blue - Used for long shots and high ramps
All coils include new sleeves (coil tubing) where applicable.
- Wico 04-071800