Coil - flipper red
3 terminal, dual winding flipper coil with 1N4004 diodes for Bally/Williams pinball machines.
FL-11630 "standard" flipper strength, parallel coils, used on nearly all Williams system 11 pinball games (original red coil wrapper)
The following games use multiple coil part numbers in different playfield locations:
- F-14 TOMCAT (FL-11630 lower flippers)(FL-11722 used on uppers)
- BIG GUNS (FL-11630 lower flippers)(FL-11753 used on uppers)
- SWORDS OF FURY (FL-11630 lower flippers)(FL-11753 used on uppers)
- EARTHSHAKER (FL-11630 lower flippers)(FL-11722 used on uppers)
- FUNHOUSE (FL-11630 lower flippers)(FL-11753 used on uppers)
Williams / Bally pinball machines flippers are designed for a balance of power based on the layout of a given game. Always use the specified coil number for your machine.
Always install a flipper rebuild kit before changing coils.
The factory recommends a complete flipper rebuild every 500,000 cycles or flips. If you must adjust flipper strength, here is a list of coil numbers and their relative strength going from weakest to strongest:
- FL-11753 Yellow - Used with short flippers and close shots
- FL-11722 Green - Used for close shots near drop targets
- FL-11630 Red - The standard, most commonly used coil
- FL-15411 Orange - Used for long playfield shots
- FL-11629 Blue - Used for long shots and high ramps
All coils include new sleeves (coil tubing) where applicable.
- Wico 04-071800