Power supply Gottlieb® System 80B A2
New direct replacement power supply for Gottlieb® System 80B pinball machines.
MA-645 and MA-1359 are the same board except for different style J1 and J2 connectors.
- Extensive use of power and ground planes for reduced electrical noise generation and better heat dissipation.
- Easy access to all components by eliminating large heat sink.
- Screw terminal connections for optional mechanical durable connections for ground, 12 volt and 5 volts.
- Same physical size and mounting hole pattern for easy installation.
- Through-hole construction for field serviceability.
- Switching power supply for the 5 volt section provides up to 5 amps of power (current limited to 4 amps for safety purposes). Typical System 80 CPU requires 1.5 amps - plenty of current to spare.
- Soft-start power-up and built in short circuit protection.
- Efficient MOSFET based switching supply with a >95%
*measured* efficiency @ 3.6 amps. This means that with a current
of 3.6 amps to the 5 volt load - the 12 volt bridge rectifier and
main filter capacitor circuit are actually providing less than
- Input power = 12 volts x 1.55 Amps = 18.6 watts
- Output power = 5 volts x 3.6 Amps = 18 watts
- Efficiency = 18 / 18.6 = 96.7%
High efficiency design provides extended lifespan of transformer, bridge rectifier and main filter capacitor.
Includes output voltage adjustment to compensate for cabling voltage loss. Adjustable between 5.0 volts and 5.5 volts. Uses long life, screwdriver adjustable, sealed cermet trimmer. No chance of accidentally adjusting voltage too high causing possible component damage - even if the voltage adjustment trimmer fails.
Less heat is generated under full load when compared to the original hot-plate design. The factory supply dissipated a huge 25.2 watts of power (based on 3.6 amp load). This translates to a lot of wasted power - i.e. heat. This new supply dissipates a mere 0.6 watts of power based on the same 3.6 amp load.
- MA-645 connector J1 is 6 pin Molex
- MA-1359 connector J1 is 6 pin mini-fit Molex
- MA-645 connector J2 is 6 pin Molex
- MA-1359 connector J2 is 8 pin mini-fit Molex