Power supply Gottlieb® System 1 B-18396
Replacement Gottlieb® System 1 power supply board
New direct replacement power supply for Gottlieb System 1 pinball machines.
Designed with cool, reliable 5 volt switching style and 12 volt regulator integrated circuitry.
Fits the following Gottlieb® System 1 game titles:
- ASTEROID ANNIE
- BUCK ROGERS
- CHARLIE'S ANGELS (Solid State)
- CLEOPATRA (Solid State)
- CLOSE ENCOUNTERS (Solid State)
- COUNT DOWN
- DRAGON (Soild State)
- INCREDIBLE HULK
- JOKER POKER (Solid State)
- PINBALL POOL
- ROLLER DISCO
- SOLAR RIDE (Solid State)
- Extensive use of power and ground planes for reduced electrical noise generation and better heat dissipation. Easy access to all components by eliminating large heat sink.
- Screw terminal connection for optional durable mechanical connections to ground.
- Same physical size and mounting hole pattern for easy installation.
- Through-hole construction for field service.
- Modern switching power supply for the 5 volt section provides up to 5 amps of power (current limited to 4 amps for safety purposes).
- Soft-start power-up and built in short circuit protection.
- Efficient MOSFET based switching supply with a >95% *measured* efficiency when providing 3.6 amps. This means that when providing 3.6 amps to the 5 volt load - regulator is draws less than 1.6 amps from the transformer.
- Input power = 12 volts x 1.55 Amps = 18.6 watts
- Output power = 5 volts x 3.6 Amps = 18 watts
- Efficiency = 18 / 18.6 = 96.7%
High efficiency design results in extended lifespan of transformer, bridge rectifier and main filter capacitor. Includes output voltage adjustment to overcome cabling voltage loss.
Less heat is generated by this supply under full load compared to the hot-plate design of the original power supply. The old supply dissipated 25.2 watts of power (based on 3.6 amp load). This translates to a lot of wasted power - i.e. heat. This new supply dissipates a mere 0.6 watts of power based on the same 3.6 amp load.