Professional LCD Digital Meter Capacitance Capacitor Tester
Wide measuring range 0.01pF to 470000uF
Large measuring range reads up to 470mF/ 470000uF
Automatic averaging function reads pF with greater stability and accuracy
Easy to use with fast response times when measuring from 0.01pF to 470000uF
- 128 x 64 dot matrix LCD display
- 5 digit readout
- Flip out backstand for bench top operation
- Backlight: LCD is backlit during power on
- Auto Sleep: powers down after 8 to 10 hours of inactivity
- Requires 2 AA batteries or micro USB power supply (not included)
- Press and hold the ON/ OFF orange button for 1 to 2 seconds to power on.
Press and release the ON/ OFF button to shut down meter.
AUTO/ MANUAL mode:
Auto Range: Press and release the RANGE button - the first display line will show "AUTO:" In Auto Mode the meter will automatically select the best range to detect.
Step through the manual ranges from 47nF, 47uF and 470mF range by pressing and releasing the RANGE button. The LCD display will show MANUAL on the first line. The second line will display: 0-47NF, 47NF TO 47UF and 47UF TO 470MF.
OPEN circuit the test leads terminal. Press and release the “ZERO" button, LCD display will show “ZERO". Wait for the zero to disappear. If you are using the meter array socket, you need to OPEN circuit to set zero also.
Use the optional 8 pin socket to measure capacitors
Automatically starts running average when capacitance reading become stable. During running average “AVG” will display at bottom right side of LCD screen or indicate raw data icon “RAW”. For better accuracy, use AVG display reading.
OVERFLOW or OL:
Display overflows when the value is out of range.
TESTING NOTES AND PRECAUTIONS:
1.*Accuracy maybe affected by the test lead’s length and distance of test leads. Shortest test leads are recommended, especially when testing pF small capacitance Surrounding EMI or RF noise may affect the pF reading.
2. DISCHARGE THE CAPACITOR BEFORE TESTING - use a screwdriver to short circuit capacitor terminals, or a ~10 ohm series resistor and discharge for 5 to 10 seconds. The meter is zener diode protected from high voltage spikes, but it is important to discharge the capacitor first to avoid possible damage from large surge currents and voltages.
- Range Accuracy: (After Zeroing when tested with 1nF, 1uF, 1000uF values)
- Refresh Time (Manual Mode)
*Auto mode take 0 to 2s more time and depends on capacitance value. Larger capacitance take more measuring time
- 0.01pF to 47.000nF 1%+2Digit ~0.2s to 1s
- 47.00nF to 47.000uF 1%+1Digit ~0.2s to 2s
- 47.00uF to 470.00mF 1 to 3%+1Digit (Larger capacitance will have larger error) ~0.2s to 30s
- Accuracy Up to 1% (detail on above table)
- High Resolution 5 digit
- Measuring voltage <0.8V
- Clamping voltage ~1.25V (open voltage)
- Battery 2X AA 1.5V battery(Not Included)
- Operating current 0.02A
- Press and hold the ON/ OFF orange button for 1 to 2 seconds to power on. Press and release the ON/ OFF button to shut down meter.