Driver Board Gottlieb System 80
New! Ni-Wumpf DRIVER BOARD for all Gottlieb System 80, 80A and 80B games.
This new circuit board replaces the original A3 driver board.
There are 4 major problems associated with the original Gottlieb driver board :
- Connections to the CPU can be corroded and cause poor driver/lamp signals;
- the MPS-U45 is a very difficult transistor to find;
- the old 2N3055 transistors burned holes through the PCB
- and a failed driver board will cause as much damage to a
sound board as a failed sound board would do in reverse.
Ni-Wumpf has redesigned the System 80 driver board to address all these issues, and adds a few more useful features:
* Each solenoid has fault detection circuitry that identifies failed playfield/driver board components
* FET solenoid transistors
* Higher rated transistor components for all circuits
* Open-collector interface to the sound board to buffer against failures generated to/from that source
* Modern component architecture uses currently available parts for easy field service - only parts that do not normally fail are surface mounted
* Diode isolated grounds to prevent playfield lamp problems from the board
Each driver circuit is equipped with fault detection circuitry and LED's to indicate circuit failure.
Note that the LED will remain lit when a game does not support the associated playfield driver components.