Brilliant design makes brilliant displays. New PINSCORE LED displays for pinball machines are the best performing, most feature-packed and economical replacement systems for obsolete glass plasma digital displays.
This PINSCORE Model PS-12232-P16 Display System fits the following Williams & Data East pinball machines:
BLACK KNIGHT 2000
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
PHANTOM OF THE OPERA
BACK TO THE FUTURE
Plug & Play installation
Low power consumption uses only 5 volt power and no high voltage
Beautiful black matte finish
Foam light shields prevent general illumination leakage glare
Crisp alpha and numeric digits illuminate in original font and color
1. Unplug the AC power from your pinball machine. Remove game backglass. Unplug all display board connecting
cables and remove original display board.
2. Set the Data East Jumper (JP1), located to the right of the MPU Cable connector. If your game is a Data East brand game, ensure the jumper at JP1 is installed. If your game is a Williams game, remove the jumper. You may elect to keep the jumper with the board if you plan on moving the display to another machine in the future. Setting this jumper incorrectly will not damage your display or game, but the display will not function correctly.
3. Mount the new board. If you want to install new mounting hardware, screw the 4 hex metal standoffs into the wooden backbox insert panel. Sandwich the fiber washers between the screw heads and PS-12232 circuit board and the back of the circuit board. Hand-tighten the screws so that you may align the displays with the backglass windows before finally securing the board. If further alignment is necessary, you may adjust the insert panel door hinges and latch in the backbox.
4. Connect the cables. Not all connectors are used on all games. The 2 connectors labeled EXTERNAL DISPLAY are not used in the PS-12232-P16 system. The ribbon cable goes to the connector labeled MPU CABLE.
The power connectors are keyed to prevent incorrect alignment. Ribbon cables are not keyed and it is possible to mis-align the connector. Observe correct polarity on all ribbon cables - the red striped wires on all ribbon cables go to PIN #1 (also labeled as RED) on all boards.
5. Double-check all connections, plug in the machine, and turn the game on. The LED’s will light up. Pressing the diagnostic pushbutton labeled SW1/DISPLAY TEST on the PS-12232 board will illuminate all segments of all
displays. This indicates that all components of the PinScore™ System are operating correctly. The thumbwheel BRIGHTNESS control labeled R10 on the right side of the board allows you to set your preferred illumination